Thank you for choosing to stay at the Merry House Inn. We are so glad to have you as our guest. The following policies are enforced to ensure all our guests have a wonderful stay at our Inn. When you book you are agreeing to abide by these rules. Please note we reserve the right to make any guest leave the Inn if violations of our policies occur. We would do this in order to keep the best quality of stay for our other guests. No refunds will be given.
- Reservations are not confirmed until payment goes through and is approved at the time of booking.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover for payments.
- The Inn does not accept walk-in guests. Bookings within 24 hours of a stay must be made by phone, otherwise, we ask that you make your reservation online.
- For the safety of our guests, we keep the exterior doors locked at all times. Guests will be given one set of keys per booked room, which will include a room key and a key to the main door into the Inn.
We are a small Inn and cancellations affect us significantly, so we do have a firm Cancellation Policy.
- Cancellations made at 15 days or more prior to the confirmed reservation arrival date will receive a refund on amount paid (less 20% total lodging fee held as a handling charge).
- Cancellations made within 14 days of arrival date will be responsible for the total charges including all applicable taxes and no refund will be given.
- Cancellations for whole house bookings or over Holidays, Special Events and Autumn must be made 31 days prior to the confirmed arrival date to receive a refund on amount paid (less 20% total lodging fee held as a handling charge). If made within 30 days of the confirmed arrival date, no refund will be given.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
- Guests may check in between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Arrangements for late arrivals should be made in advance with the Innkeeper.
- Guests will need to check out by 11:00 am. Late check-outs could incur a fee.
REGISTERED GUESTS AND NOISE CONTROL
- Only registered guests are allowed on the inside and outside areas of the Inn.
- Maximum occupancy per room is two unless a third person fee has been paid and the additional guest has been registered.
- No loud music or noises to be respectful to other guests of Merry House Inn at any time during your stay.
SMOKING AND CANDLE BURNING
For the comfort of all of our guests and their safety, we do not allow smoking/e-cigarettes, incense/candle burning or fireworks anywhere inside or outside on the grounds of the Merry House Inn. The booking guest will be charged a $250 fee on their credit card for anyone who violates this policy in their party.
Merry House Inn is privately owned and operated. The Innkeeper reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not be responsible for guest accidents or injuries, or the loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
- Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the guest, including anyone traveling with the guest.
- Any special clean-up fees caused by the guest or anyone in their party will be charged to the credit card used to book stay.
- Robe replacement cost is $100 and towel replacement cost is $25.
The Merry House Inn does not hold a license to resell alcoholic beverages. Guests may bring their own, but for the safety and comfort of all our guests, please drink responsibly.
COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE & TEA
Registered guests enjoy free complimentary coffee and tea found in the kitchen.
CHILDREN AND PETS
The Merry House Inn is regarded as a quiet escape and romantic getaway for most of our guests, and we work hard to foster that environment. Although we love both, we are so sorry but we cannot accommodate children under the age of 12 or pets at our Inn. We will make an exception if the entire inn is booked by one party, but restrictions will apply. Additional cleaning fees will be charged for approved pets.
There is free on-site parking for our registered guests.
The Merry House Inn is not required to provide accessible lodging since the establishment is located within a facility that contains not more than four rooms for rent or hire and is occupied by the proprietor of the establishment as the residence of the proprietor. (5 U.S.C. 301; 28 U.S.C. 509, 510; 42 U.S.C. 12186(b). § 36.104 Definitions).